With just 6 days until the Heart of the Swarm is unleashed, Blizzard have released the 2.0.5 patch for Wings of Liberty which consists mostly of bug fixes, Battle.net updates and changes to global play.
Here are the patch notes:
- Global Play is now live.
- Players can now easily switch between regions via the new “Regions” button on the StarCraft II login screen.
- Your game language and user interface will not change when you change regions.
- Your character profiles and ladder data are unique to each region.
- When your region’s game servers are undergoing maintenance, you may be able to play in a different region that is not down for maintenance.
- For more information, please visit our Global Play FAQ on our support site.
- StarCraft II will no longer download upcoming patch data while the game is running.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to change their language if patch data was not 100% downloaded via the game launcher.
- Fixed several issues causing the game to turn unresponsive when pausing and leaving the game in various states.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to run low on video memory.
- Fixed a desync that could occur between Mac and PC if an AI was scouted with a cloaked unit.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in rare situations when force-quitting StarCraft II.
- Fixed a number of crashes that could occur when viewing and rewinding replays.
- Fixed an issue where players could not hear voice chat when using the FMod provider.
- The language selection dropdown should no longer display an incorrect language.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when playing some Arcade games when using a custom hotkey profile.
- Fixed a countdown display issue when utilizing the Take Command feature in the Korean and Taiwanese game clients.
- It is now possible to properly un-bookmark Arcade maps from outside of the Bookmark page.
- Fixed a number of issues related to the “only officers will be shown” warning text reserved for Groups with large rosters.
- Clans and Groups rosters are no longer sorted in reverse order.
- Clans and Groups are now defined properly in chat when typing in a game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a Clan or Group using certain combinations of special characters.
- Fixed a display issue that could occur when scrolling down a large Group roster list.
- It is now possible to use special characters in Clan and Group names.
- It is now possible to use spaces in the names of groups in the Russian game client.
- Fixed an issue for players in Korean or Taiwanese game clients who were unable to add Battle Tag friends in certain situations.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when double-clicking an .SC2Map file while the editor was downloading required dependencies.
Here’s that trailer again to get your blood pumping…