A new patch has been released for Aliens: Colonial Marines that, amongst other things, adjusts the easiest difficulty setting.
For the two people that may want still want to play the game, the easiest difficulty setting has been tweaked and adjusted and (apparently) been made easier.
So yeah, when you actually choose casual difficulty, you’re not going to get your head ripped open, have some big ugly alien take a massive poop and plant loads of baby alien eggs in your brain, then sew it back together and let you carry on about your business.
You’ll be able to do your thing, nice and casually.
So, that’s nice…
Here’s a few other updates you may be interested in, including a fixed achievement and AI improvements.
The game sure needs a few of those…
• Adjusted melee encounter animations
• Various AI Improvements
o Adjusted Xeno behavior to only allow for tail attacks when they’re on ceilings
o Fixed an issue that could cause Xenos to walk upright on ceilings
o Adjusted Lurker AI to retreat a bit after a close encounter
o Fixed a bug where AI marines would occasionally default pose if incapacitated from a melee encounter
o Fixed a bug where AI would still be targetable by Xenos while incapacitated
• Changed the close encounter lighting to fade out instead of abruptly turning off
• Addressed an issue where player weapons would possibly continue to fire during melee encounters
• Adjusted the dissolve effect for Xeno head pieces and particles in Bug Hunt and multiplayer
• Adjusted the attack angle for the Xeno tail stab to prevent stretching
• Addressed an issue where Xeno gore effects would occasionally play twice
• Addressed an issue with the ‘Eat This!’ achievement from not being unlocked when using the double-barreled flush gun
• Addressed a rare crash bug when using interactive objects
• Addressed an issue where the motion tracker ping would play when you didn’t have a motion tracker available
• Addressed an issue where some particles would not appear when the World Detail slider was set to the minimum. NOTE: This may require some users to re-configure the World Detail slider (under Settings -> Video ) to ensure the setting is applied properly.
• Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier. (Other difficulty options have not changed)
• Adjusted a broken Extermination Point in Excavation
• Addressed an issue in Extermination where the last two Extermination Points used would sometimes immediately reactivate
• Addressed an issue that wouldn’t let you select spectator cameras when joining games in progress