The latest patch for Call of Duty WWII comes from new studio head, Aaron Halon, and has already got the community pretty excited.
Halon became lead at Sledgehammer Games following the departure of founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. Both have now moved internally into Activision in Executive Positions.
And the new patch, revealed via the Call of Duty WWII SubReddit, was released over the weekend to add tweaks to times, recoil and fire rate to guns within the game. There have also been adjustments to the aim-down sight times and the speed in which you can aim using certain weapons.
There are also some significant changes to the sniper rifle ADS and sprint-out times.
Check out the full changelog.
ADS TRANSITION TIMES/ADS FROM SPRINT TIMES/ADS SPRINT OUT TIMES:
- Buffed base ADS times and buffed ADS in from sprint times (ADS sprint out times match ADS from sprint times)
- Buffed base ADS transition times, but not ADS from sprint times/ADS sprint out times, in an effort to maintain a difference between the SMG and AR class playstyles
Snipers: Kar98k and M1903
- Nerfed ADS transition times (a slight quickscoping nerf)
- Buffed base ADS times
Note: Base ADS times for SMGs are faster than Rifles, and Rifles are faster than LMGs. In other words, there is now more of a distinction between class playstyles.
- Buffed recoil in an effort to have a more competitive SMG on par with the PPSh-41
- Nerfed fire rate so that the damage output is more in line with other weapons in its class
- Buffed recoil in an effort to make it more manageable to shoot down range and give a better contrast to the M1 Garand
- Nerfed hip spread to match the M1 Garand’s in an effort to decrease the ability to quickly kill opponents at closer ranges
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly slower than the Gewehr 43)
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly faster than M1A1)
- Buffed recoil (closer to that of M1A1)
- Buffed clip size to be 12 rounds per clip instead of 10
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
- Buffed damage per pellet to be on par with the recent Sawed-Off Shotgun changes so that this shotgun now has a more automatic 2-shot kill and a slightly more forgiving one-shot kill
- Buffed shotgun damage range, so that it’s now more feasible to finish off an opponent who didn’t die from a rifle bullet
- Buffed ADS spread to allow for greater accuracy when shooting enemies that are outside of the obvious shotgun range (while ADS)
- Buffed clip size to be 8 shots per clip instead of 6 in an effort to allow players to have more success with this weapon
- Nerfed ADS spread to be on par with other shotguns (besides the M30)