Wondering why you can’t play Guild Wars 2 because of some update? Fear no more, this article will fill you in on what awaits in the Flame and Frost: Prelude.
Upon completing their daily or monthly achievements, players will be rewarded with laurels; 1 laurel for daily achievements and 10 for monthly achievements. It’s a new currency that can be used to trade with vendors found in Tyria’s major cities. Some of the rewards are:
- Utility Infusions—a new category of infusion that provides powerful boosts to noncombat statistics, like gold find and experience gain.
- Ascended Amulets—offensive, defensive, and utility variants of the next slot of ascended gear.
- Ascended Rings—non-agony versions of the ascended rings from the Fractals of the Mists.
- Crafting Starter Kits—one-time account purchases that contain everything you’ll need to get your feet wet in each of the eight crafting disciplines.
- WvW Blueprints—everything you need to rain fire on your enemies in the Mists.
- Support Items—new boosters, advanced harvesting tools, and crafting trophy bags.
- Unique Minis—Goedulf, the mythical wolf-cub spirit that protects lost norn kids, and (my personal favorite) the runner-Up To Geoff the ExpansiveDLC cat in Divinity’s Reach Fanciest Cat Competition: Chauncey von Snuffles III.
The list of rewards will continue to grow and expand as we add content to the game, but we’re committed to the philosophy that you should be able to get the most powerful rewards simply by playing the game the way you want.
Wait, that’s not all. The achievement system is receiving its own minor overhaul in the short term, with more additions coming later on. First of all, there is a new tracking UI making it easier for players to follow their daily achievement progress. Daily achievements with also be rotated instead of offering the same ones each day.
These updates are just the first step. We are reexamining the way that daily and monthly achievements work and how they plug into the achievements system as a whole. In the future, we’ll be adding support to allow you to complete your dailies by finishing a subset from a larger list. We want to give you the freedom to play the content that interests you. The list will change daily to provide an array of options for earning your laurels. Pick what interests you, play, and be rewarded!
Guesting and new ascended gear is also planned with the Frost and Flames: Prelude. When these are added to the game, we’ll be sure to give you all the details you could ever need.
Full Arenanet blog post can be read here.
What’s that? You don’t have Guild Wars 2? Why not?! Sort it out