Good news, Gears! Epic Games announced today that the first DLC pack for Gears of War: Judgment will be arriving a few days ahead of schedule. Initially slated for release on April the 2nd, It will now be launching tomorrow (March 29th) and best of all It’s completely free!
The pack contains the all new map ‘Haven’ which is described as a frozen monastery in the deep Azura mountains and a return of the fan favorite ‘Execution‘ game mode. Special playlists will be created for both Haven and Execution. For a limited time, all players will be able to earn double XP, meanwhile those who have purchased the VIP pass can gain triple XP for a limited time.
Epic have noted that players must download the DLC pack via the Xbox dashboard or add it to your download queue through Xbox.com
Alongside the free DLC pack, Gears Judgment’s first title update will also be released.
The full details of which are as follows.
Title Update Details
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.