It looks as though Hello Games are back and mean business. While the Foundation Update is still fresh in our minds, there are further issues on PC the developers want to iron out.
No Man’s Sky on PC will get another update in the coming days which fixes issues with NPCs who deny progress by not offering mission dialogue.
There’s also mod detection which pops up during loading screens, and a remapping of build menus to support Azerty keyboards.
This news comes on the day when the ASA ruled Hello Games have not been misleading users about the games’ content on their Steam page – despite 23 seperate complaints – and did not find it in breach of their terms & conditions.
While the developer is keen to stress this won’t fix everything, you can continue to report issues via the bug form.
Here’s all the details.
– Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A click or button press will dismiss this screen.
– Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.
– Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.
– Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory. Note: this is a preventative fix and won’t fix the issue for those who have already experienced this bug. We have a cure for those who have experienced on the way, it’ll be released in our next patch.
– Following player feedback, we have clarified messaging when being given tech that you already know.
– Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).
– Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.
– Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.