A massive enhancement patch has gone live for Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox One X launch day.
The updates can be downloaded freely if you already own the game and really improve the overall quality of the former Xbox exclusive. What’s more, if you own an Xbox One X and are a current season pass holder, you’ll get all the new content from the Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration. This includes Blood Ties, co-op endurance mode, extreme survivor difficulty setting, 20 year celebration outfit + gun, and five classic Lara skins.
There will be three visual modes available for Xbox One X players.
- Native 4k (3840 x 2160) for highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for smoothest possible gameplay
Tech enhancements include.
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments for even more immersive and realistic details
There have also been some additional visual enhancements including…
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Amplified texture filtering
It’s a fantastic upgrade and one that can be seen in full in this new video. Xbox One X owners definitely seem in for a treat.