Exciting news for PS4 Pro users is that Rocket League will get a new patch on Tuesday which offers full 4k support at 60 FPS thanks to joined collaborative efforts from Panic Button.
The patch will also enable standard PS4 users to run the game at 1080p.
This will be in all areas – both single and two-player split-screen modes. It is also said that three and four player split-screen modes will offer 60FPS in most arenas at the same resolution.
On top of that, the patch will include the following…
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimizations and bug fixes.
There are plenty more huge updates coming in 2017, so we’ll keep our eyes out and report as we know more.