One of the most impressive transitions devised in the Starcraft 2 Map Editor to date, modder Egodbout has decided to convert the popular RTS strategy into another popular Blizzard title, Diablo 2.
The Starcraft 2 toolbox is incredibly flexible and allows for a lot of maneuverability and creativity. This has allowed the modder to recreate the strategy game with the toolkit.
Take a look at this in action…
It’s noticeably Starcraft, but tell me that isn’t impressive?
V 1.0 is out now and playable details. It can be downloaded here.
Here’s what he’s been able to include…
- 6x Heros
- 6x Acts (each Act = one map)
- Around 90xItemPreFix
- Around 90xItemSuffix
- Randomized Item generator system with Normal/Magic/Rare/Unique
- Semi-Randomized Terrain system (2D with 3D)
- Day/Night engine
- Fast Action Hack and Slash Gameplay with mouse shooting
- Unique Skill system with a new approach
- For now, 6xPlayers
- Party system (or just play alone)
- Softcore and Hardcore players can play together
- Copy/Paste of Diablo II controls (F1-F2-F3 for skill and 1-2-3-4-5 for potion)
- Item system requirement to balance the game
- Unique Custom User Interface easy to use
- Inventory system (Equip, Sell, Drop, Move, Cancel)
- Check items on the ground by holding Alt Key like Diablo and Grab them
- Each players see what items dropped, so yes, you can ninja!
- Unique Diablo1 and Diablo2 Sounds imported
- Some Custom World of Warcraft models imported (monster)
- Randomized Shop system
- Quest User interface system
- Tons of Diablo2 Stats Formula used (Defense rating/ Stg / Dex / Energy / Vitality / chance to hit etc..)
- Randomized Item Drop system
- MagicFind item bonus
- Experience system, max lvl 99
- New Treasure Chest Hunting system