A new build for Tomb Raider on PC has been released and will be applied automatically by Steam when the game is loaded. It adds various PC specific fixes, as well as all the fixes in the 1.02 console patch that has already been released.
Among the fixes are improvements for multiplayer connectivity, voice-chat improvements, including quality, volume and a push-to-talk feature.
Crystal Dynamics have worked closely with NVIDIA to address specific issues experienced by PC players, and in conjunction with the patch, NVIDIA will also release updated drivers to improve the stability and performance of Tomb Raider. GeForce users should update to the latest GeForce 314.21 drivers (posting today) for the best experience in Tomb Raider.
Crystal Dynamics have also stated that if there are problems with this patch, and people would prefer to stay with the old version, a Beta has been made available on Steam, and Build 718.4 can be used to switch back to the previous version. However, players can only play multiplayer with those who share their version.
Anyway, here are the patch notes…
- Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path.
- Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.
- Fixes for multiplayer connectivity
o An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.
o Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers.
- Improvements to voice-chat for multiplayer
o New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.
o New voice-chat volume option.
o Improved overall quality of voice-chat.
- Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.
- Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.
- Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.
- Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.
- TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.
- TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.
- New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.
- Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.
- Various UI improvements.