Patch 1.22.x.40 for Torchlight 2 has gone live and the team at Runic Games have delivered arguably their most enticing update yet.
In addition to new Unique and Legendary weapons and class armor sets, there are additional side dungeons, new MapRoom maps and several new pets available to use.
This patch also includes modding tools via Steam Workshop. The tools are also fully supported in multiplayer.
You can see the full notes here.
- New Unique and Legendary weapons for every item class
- New class armor sets
- New MapRoom maps
- Additional side dungeons in Act 1 and 2 during New Game Plus play
- Nether-Realm portals take you to a new Nether-Realm tileset, with new creatures
- Headcrab pet
- Alpaca pet
- Panda pet
- Stag pet
- Modding is now fully enabled. For Steam users, Steam Workshop support is integrated.
- Modding is fully supported in multiplayer – filter available games by active mod combinations. With Steam Workshop, automatically subscribe to and match configurations to join modded games!
- New to modding? Here’s how to get started with GUTS – the Torchlight II GUTS wiki
- Socketable-granted DOT effects now get character damage bonuses from focus and items
- Fixed issue where Reflection would change your target while fishing, which would leave you in a bad state
- Various protections to prevent poorly formed mods
- Other minor fixes