An unofficial Skyrim HD textures pack for PC that brings glorious HD to all its muddy and murky textures has received an update.
While it’s a magnificent achievement, the textures pack has suffered from several bugs and glitches of its own which affect game performance. Fortunately, the team are already on the case and have fixed a bunch of problems in the pack’s first major update.
Here’s the details..
- The LOD terrain normal map has been updated to be compatible with Dawnguard, using an improved version.
- Optimized 45 textures which where using the wrong format, better performance!
- USKP Transferred Fix: Fixed seams in 2 textures (textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds, textures\architecture\windhelm\whoutwall.dds).
- USKP Transferred Fix: Fixed the shaft of the grindstone on blacksmith sharpening wheel stations only being on one side of the stone, wouldn’t be possible to use as the torque on the wheel would quickly destroy it (textures\clutter\blacksmith\blacksmithsharpeningwheel01.dds, meshes\furniture\clutter\blacksmithsharpeningwheelanimating.nif).
- USKP Transferred Fix: Cave roots were using a texture that was flat and ill defined. This has been replaced with one that looks better against the darkness in caves (textures\dungeons\caves\cavebaseroots01.dds).
- USKP Transferred Fix: Included the high resolution Elk skin (which is already correct) to override USKP’s default resolution fix (textures\actors\elk\elkbody.dds).
- Fixed webbing on Blood Dragons, altered alpha channel on texture (textures\actors\dragons\dragon_swamp.dds).
- Fixed Dragon Priests not using their high resolution textures, corrected folder name (textures\actors\dragonpriest -> textures\actors\dragon priest).
- Fixed Dragon Priests not disintergrating properly after the previous fix, replaced the alpha channel with a high resolution version from the newly added high resolution Dragon Priest Acolyte textures (textures\actors\dragon priest\dragonpriest.dds).
- Fixed Goats not using their high resolution texture, corrected file name (actors\goat\goat.dds -> actors\goat\goat_d.dds).
- Fixed Volsung (Dragon Priest mask) not using its high resolution texture, corrected filename (textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_corondrum.dds -> textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_corundrum.dds).
- Fixed Male Theives Guild Boots not using their high resolution texture, corrected file name (textures\armor\theivesguild\thieves guild armor_shoes_texture.dds -> textures\armor\theivesguild\thievesguildarmorshoesm.dds).
- Fixed rips in Blades Armor, corrected alpha channel on the texture and improved the meshes (textures\armor\blades\bladesarmor.dds, meshes\armor\blades\*.nif).
- Fixed Daedric Shields looking wonky, added missing specular map back to the texture based on the default resolution texture (textures\armor\daedric\daedricshield_n.dds).
- Fixed Female Ancient Nord Boots looking wonky, added missing specular map back to the texture based on the default resolution texture (textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrboots_n.dds).
- Fixed Orcish Arrows\Quiver not using their high resolution textures, added missing textures which are just a copy of the high resolution Orcish Bow textures (textures\weapons\orcish\orcisharrow.dds, textures\weapons\orcish\orcisharrow_n.dds).
- Fixed Bee Hive Aviaries not using their high resolution texture, corrected file name (clutter\beehive01_g.dds -> clutter\beehive_g.dds).
The update is available now and can be obtained here from the Skyrim Nexus
To use the Unofficial HD Patch, you must install other unofficial patches for the original game and for the DLCs you own.