After taking a hiatus last year, Blizzard fans will be delighted to hear that Blizzcon is back in 2013 for its seventh outing. There’s no update on price or availability yet, but we do know it is taking place on Friday, November 8th and Saturday, November 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center, California.
On the 2013 Blizzcon, CEO of Blizzard Mike Morhaime said
“BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way. Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November.”
Hopes are high that there will be more information on the top secret new MMO code-named Titan (See all the rumours here) could it be World of StarCraft? Could it be World of Diablo? Is it something totally new? Fingers crossed we find out.
We could also hear about expansions for Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft, and surely more information about the newly announced PS3 and PS4 versions of Diablo 3.
Officially on the Blizzcon to-do list are:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
If you’re interested in Blizzconing it up, keep you’re eyes peeled as tickets won’t be on sale for long.