Just when you thought the Far Cry 3 experience couldn’t be enhanced any further, Ubisoft have gone and … enhanced it further.
Ubisoft have just released Far Cry Outpost, a mobile companion app on both iOS and Android platforms.
The app enables players to decode encrypted data found in-game sessions. Players can then earn advanced weapon mods and customize loadouts to use in the full game.
Here’s the full overview.
- Decode the encrypted data you find in-game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
- View and customize your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
- Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
- Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
- Keep track of the maps you’ve made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favourited your maps.
Ubisoft have also released a video to show some of the features in action.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37626437-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'expansivedlc.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);