According to a tweet from Steven Ter Heide, Game Director at Guerilla Games, the first piece of major Killzone Shadow Fall Season Pass DLC will release next week.
With an image of the Season Pass, Steve revealed the content would be coming next week and there would be much more to come from the Season Pass.
New maps and a new game mode were recently released for free in Shadow Fall, and now it seems the first paid content will be making an appearance. Included in the Insurgent Pack will be two new voice packs, a new OWL Skin and a new single-player Elite Mode. There will also be new collectibles in multiplayer, new challenges and a brand new class, the Insurgent. This class can steal weapons and hack turrets.
The original three classes also get three new abilities.
- E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon for the Assault class that sends out an e-pulse, making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area.
- Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon for the Support class that sends out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location, making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units.
- Guard Drone – a stationary buddy drone for the Scout class – deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
There are even three new weapons to use in-game.
- M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
- LS12 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch.
- StA-14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
The content can be received as part of the Season Pass for or purchased for $9.99 seperately