Planet Coaster hasn’t been out very long, but is already gaining huge praise as the spiritual successor to Theme Park we’ve waited over 2 decades for.
It also seems like the developer is keen to pump out regular content updates as the first major patch is already live, with a further update coming next month that adds more free content.
This update adds some new blueprints to Planet Coaster, including additional shops and scenery.
There’s also a wealth of bug fixes and a brand new ‘harder’ challenge mode.
Check out the full changelog below.
- New blueprints
- New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
- New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
- New coaster blueprints
- Added a “harder” challenge mode
- Crash fixes/stability improvements
- Bug fixes
- Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
- Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
- Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
- Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
- Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
- Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized
- Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
- Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
- Fixed lights on dark ride in “The Creature Awakens”
- Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
- Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
- Fix issue where control rebinding’s were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
- Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
- Star Studded Career achievement fix
- Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
- Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
- Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
- QoL improvements
- Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
- Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
- Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
- Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
- Escape now exits the main menu