The Rocket League express is still in full motion as Psyonix has announced more DLC, as well as Cross-Platform Parties.
The next few months of updates through to April will add new features and DLC, beginning with the distribution of Season 6 rewards in February and the beginning of Season 7.
There will also be a public beta on Steam for the upcoming Tournaments mode, with the full launch coming in the Spring feature update. Among other things, the Tournament mode allows you to create single-elimination brackets tournaments.
Further improvements will arrive in March and April, including Item Stacking, better item filtering, connection quality information. Excitingly, the Switch version will also see a big upgrade in terms of quality and performance. It will be 900p Docked and 720p Handheld at 60 FPS in Performance, whereas Quality will be Native 1080p Docked and 720p Handheld at 30FPS (but with added visual effects)
Into April, the XP system will get an overhaul, you’ll be able to earn Decryptors through play and there will be new Banners, Titles and rewards for reaching high levels.
Here’s a breakdown of the features going into April.
- Item Stacking
- Better Item Filtering, Searching, and Sorting
- Equip to Blue/Orange Team for Car Bodies
- New and Expanded Options
- Packet Send/Receive Rate and Bandwidth Limits
- “Team Quick Chat Only”
- Disable “One Minute Remaining”, etc. messages
- Connection Quality Info
- See notifications for Packet Loss, Latency Variance, and Server Performance in-game
- Will help us and the community better differentiate between “server issues” and connection problems
- Switch Performance & Visual Quality Updates
- Performance Mode – 900p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 60 FPS with infrequent dynamic resolution scaling
- Quality Mode – Native 1080p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 30 FPS with added visual effects
Get the full list from the Psyonix blog.