The high-octane, adrenaline pumping thriller Thumper has just received a major new update on both PC and Playstation. For console owners, it adds Playstation Pro support to the game as well as PSVR improvements. There’s also a brand new mode bundled in for everyone.
Simply beat level 3 to unlock the new Play + mode which rewards players with more points and scream through each level. The catch? It’s faster than ever, and you only get one life. GOOD LUCK.
Thumper now supports native 4k (with no upscaling) and there’s high quality supersampling and anti-aliasing which goes hand-in-hand with Playstation VR and Pro together, maintaining 90 frames per second.
The latest patch also adds a number of new improvements you can see below.
- Improved audio mastering and better volume levels when using headphones (PS4)
- In-game volume control (find it under Options > Audio)
- Thumper starts up in VR mode if PS VR is connected and powered on (PS4)
- Holding OPTIONS button resets PS VR tracking orientation (PS4)
- Thumb relief: you can now use R1 in addition to (X) to thump
- Quick restart: press L1 to restart from the current/previous checkpoint
- Restart from previous checkpoint. Allows you to restart from the current checkpoint or the immediately previous one. If you quit the level or app, you lose the ability to restart from the previous checkpoint. This reduces frustration for players who want to grind out S-Ranks.
- Press and hold (X) button to speed up death animation
- Hold (X) button on score screen to speed up animation