Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is one of the biggest releases still to come this year and today Ubisoft have announced a ton of DLC is on the way.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be supported deep into 2021 with major expansions, free updates, and an exciting new Discovery Tour.
Valhalla is getting a Season Pass with two major expansions as well as an exclusive quest. This will unlock new territories and stories within the world. The first expansion – Wrath of the Druids – launches Spring 2021, which has players visit Ireland to track a druidic cult.
Expansion 2, meanwhile, returns assassins to Paris in Summer 2021 with The Siege of Paris. Players will rub shoulders with historical figures from Frankia, taking a trip to the River Seine.
However, there will also be a bunch of free content broken down into Seasons. The first beging in December and it’ll include the following…
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Seasons 2 will then hit in March, adding a new game mode, new gear, cosmetics, and festivals at the settlement.
Seasons 3 and 4 are also planned with more details to be announced at a later date, as the team seems committed to supporting the launch of the game for the long term.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches on PS4/5, PC, Stadia, and the Xbox Family of Consoles throughout November 2020.