The new LawBreakers patch has hit and has brought with it some new changes to the health system as well as a new map.
For starters, health has been boosted and increased for every single class in the game. This is in response to BossKey Studios’ finding that a lot of their players ‘are spending significantly more time staring at a respawn screen than we’d like.’
Health regeneration has also been implemented. If you’ve been out of the battle for a while, then your health will gradually climb back up again. This shift is particularly notable as it means you’re no longer completely reliant on battle medics to keep you in the fight and ‘rather than having players retreat to a health station.’
Finally, there’s the group spawning system, which means you’ll spawn alongside your team maters more often as opposed to being isolated on the battlefield.
There are further changes, but there’s also a brand new map called Namsan, as well as new matchmaking options and some daily login rewards.
Check out the full patch notes below
- Extend the combat dance and create more interesting decisions about when commit to a fight or retreat to safety.
- Reduce the overall amount of insta-gibs.
- Provide more incentive to use abilities and combos in order to finish a fight.
- Health regen on all roles is about letting teams without a Battle Medic have a chance, who previously had too much of an impact on the outcome of a match.
- We were careful here not to adjust regen values too high, we want to preserve the viability of both Battle Medic and Harrier as excellent support roles.
- Health regen on all roles actually keep players in combat LONGER, which we’ve seen has been a positive change during internal testing. It increases players’ amount of action and fun rather than having them retreat to a health station.
We’re also exploring adding a toggle in Custom Game that players will have access to that will enable the old health values in the future.
In addition to all those changes, we have normal game balance changes. So check out the patch notes to see what else has changed.”
- New Map – Namsan!
- New Feature – Daily login rewards!
- Earn 50 Creds the first time you log on to LawBreakers for the day.
- New Feature – Team spawning logic in all modes!
- New Feature – More matchmaking options!
- Players will now have the following options to queue for:
- Objectives – Play matches in all of the current objective-based modes.
- *NEW* Skirmish – Team Deathmatch is now playable as our first limited time mode!
- Quick Match – Search for matches in both Skirmish and Objective to find the fastest one.
- NOTE: Quick Match queues you in both Objective and Skirmish Modes to find the fastest match. Once a match is found, you stay in that queue (either Objective or Skirmish) until you leave.
- Players will now have the following options to queue for:
Base Health (All Roles) –
- Assassin HP 300 → 400.
- Battle Medic HP 350 → 475.
- Enforcer HP 400 → 500.
- Gunslinger HP 325 → 400.
- Harrier HP 350 → 450.
- Juggernaut HP 600 → 700.
- Titan HP 500 → 600.
- Vanguard HP 325 → 425.
- Wraith HP 325 → 425.
Health Regen (All Roles) –
- Assassin 0 → 20.
- Battle Medic 10 → 35.
- Enforcer 0 → 20.
- Gunslinger 0 → 20.
- Harrier 0 → 20.
- Juggernaut 0 → 20.
- Titan 0 → 20.
- Vanguard 0 → 20.
- Wraith 0 → 20.
“We’re buffing up the range on the Arc Blades and pulling back the damage on the Romerus charge shot in order to shift Assassin’s play style a bit more towards her bread and butter melee.”
- Arc Blade’s melee range increased from 400 → 425.
- Romerus alt-fire projectile damage reduced from 27 → 25.
- Dash travel speed reduced from 2500 → 2200.
Battle Medic –
“Battle Medic’s win rate shows way too much impact on the outcome of games, despite having lackluster damage output. Instead of gutting their healing abilities, we decided instead to buff up the rest of our roles by adding the new out of combat health regen. To help compensate Battle Medic, we’ve given them some more direct damage on their lobber grenades and did a full tuning pass on their mobility. They no longer suffer from increased gravity and should be more agile when moving around the map. We also want to encourage Medics to get into the fray more with their teammates, so we’ve pulled in the range on the Support Drone’s and given them a bit more health to help survive up close.”
- Removed increased gravity modifier.
- Support Drone range decreased from 5100 → 4000.
- Lobber grenade direct hit damage increased from 135 → 145.
“We’re shifting some of Enforcer’s power out of his Bloodhound Rockets and into the rest of his kit. For a while the “memehounds” have been simply doing way too much damage for how easy they are to use, bordering on being a win-button. We’ve reduced the number of salvos fired to make them easier to dodge and lowered the damage per salvo to make them less punishing when hit. In exchange we’re giving a bunch back to the Aerator and Distortion Field in terms of more accuracy, faster reloads and better mobility.”
- Aerator minimum spread decreased from 0.35 → 0.
- Aerator maximum spread decreased from 3.75 → 3.25.
- Badger ammo per clip increased from 6 → 7.
- Distortion Field’s default active duration increased from 4 → 6 seconds.
- Distortion Field’s buff bonus to reload & weapon swap speeds has been increased from 25% → 35%.
- Reduced acceleration speed while Distortion Field is active from 5000 → 2500.
- *NEW* Enforcer can now use double jump even when distortion field is not active.
- Fuel regeneration time decreased from 10 → 7 seconds.
- Bloodhound Rocket’s ammo has been reduced from 4 → 3 salvos.
- Bloodhound Rocket’s damage per rocket (4 per salvo) has been decreased from 40 → 38
“Gunslinger’s have been annihilating everything in their path since they were buffed back in patch 1.1. Even though we pulled back on his damage a bit since then, those changes didn’t go far enough and so we’re doubling back and trimming more damage off of the Omega. We’re also fixing a longstanding issue where releasing the Omega charge shot early would cause you to always get the minimum damage.”
- Omega’s fully charged max damage decreased from 150 → 130.
- Omega’s base damage with no charge decreased from 85 → 70.
- *NEW* Omega’s damage now properly ramps up based upon charge duration.
- Omega’s base damage with no charge headshot multiplier increased from 1.1 → 1.5.
- Omega’s damage during a Warp combo increased from 45 → 70
“We’ve added a Blocker scoring event to reward Juggernaut players for using his Holo-Deflector effectively. We also added a Cross-checked event for getting kills with his specialty charge attack.”
- *NEW* Juggernaut Scoring Events:
- Blocker – awarded for absorbing 300 enemy damage with the Holo-Deflector.
- Cross-checked – awarded for getting a kill with the Juggernaut’s Charge into Alt-fire melee attack.
“We want Vanguard’s to be able to escape sticky situations using their mobility, but not necessarily have the fastest top speed in the game.”
- Afterburner’s top speed reduced from 2500 → 2200.
- Afterburners acceleration speed increased from 4000 → 5000.
“Wraith’s free mobility spam has broken every design rule we have in the game, complete with instant cooldown refreshes and infinite stab dashing. To keep him in check we’ve had to undertune the rest of his kit, which has left him feeling subar both to play as and to play against. We’re pulling the trigger on some mobility restrictions for Wraith that allows us to open up the rest of his kit. First, Wraith will no longer immediately regenerate triple jump charges upon hitting the ground. Second, the lunge associated with the Wasp is now on a 3 second cooldown. You’ll still be able to stab while it’s on cooldown, but there will be no forward impulse and the damage will be significantly reduced. On the buffs train we’re loading up improvements for almost every other aspect of the kit, with more damage on the Spektor, Slide Kick and Stinger, and a longer Key ability duration.”
- *NEW* Triple jump now generates one charge upon landing, and subsequent charges after a 0.5 second delay.
- *NEW* 3 second cooldown on the Wasp Stab lunge
- Spektor’s damage per bullet increased from 24 → 25.
- Spektor’s minimum spread decreased from 1.0 → 0.35.
- Spektor’s damage falloff range decreased from 1200 → 600.
- Spektor’s spread amount on bullets after 3 bullets have been shot increased from 2 → 3 per bullet.
- Spektor’s ammo increased from 25 → 30;
- Stinger’s single target damage with a direct hit increased from 150 → 175.
- Stinger’s travel speed increased from 8000 → 9000.
- Slide Kick damage increased from 25 → 75.
- Slide Kick travel speed reduced from 1850 → 1700.
All Modes –
- *NEW* Team Spawning:
- We’ve added logic that tries to spawn teammates who died shortly after one another into collections. This means you will more frequent have some support when heading into battle.
- Threshold to spawn is 3 seconds by default.
- Added text messaging above the reticle to better inform the player of relevant mode information.
- For instance, this message will now tell the ball carrier “YOU HAVE THE BALL” in Blitzball.
Blitzball Mode –
“Blitzball has been sped up a bit through score limit and overall game time changes. We’ve also added some defensive centric scoring events to help out player who like to defend and counter attack. This also helps all of you unsung heroes playing Juggernaut and Titan as goalies keep up with the speedy scoring roles a bit better.”
- Game timer reduced to 10 minutes.
- Score limit reduced to 5 scores to win.
- Improved the game clock by not counting down while waiting for the Blitzball to reset.
- *NEW* Blitzball Scoring Events:
- Goaltender – triggers when you are near the goal and the Blitzball carrier dies.
- Carrier Denied – triggers when you kill the carrier near the goal.
- We’ve also added bonus points for the person that scores the Blitzball.
- Fixed an issue where the “Out of Bounds” warning could get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed numerous issues where achievement icons were missing information.
- Fixed numerous issues where achievement icons were cut off in announcement windows.
- Fixed player’s health bars sometimes not updating when spectating another player.
- Fixed the profile icon border sometimes becoming offset during the End of Match screen.
- Fixed an issue where the game could get stuck when attempting to purchase a Stash Drop while Steam Overlay is disabled.
Custom game –
- Fixed an issue where the start button would not function for a period of time after completing a match.
Sound / Discord –
- Fixed an issue where players were forced to disconnect and reconnect to the Discord Client to be heard.
- Fixed an issue where the game could potentially hang during gameplay due to excessive audio calls.
- Fixed Blitzball overtime audio announcer message playing when jumping off the map while in overtime.
- Fixed audio cue issues in Overcharge and Uplink where they may not play properly during your first match.
- Battle Medic
- Fixed an issue with Blindfiring Firefly immediately after reloading would result in 2 energy charges being used instead of 1.
- Fixed an issue where the TAC Knife’s melee attack could headshot certain characters for bonus damage
- Fixed an issue where the laser VFX would remain stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Starfall would be interrupted in mid air due to camera collisions.
- Fixed issues with the HUD not scaling properly.
- Sandbox Tutorial has seen several improvements to Tips, Objective Pathing, and Bot performance.
- *NEW* Gameplay tips now display in game.
- The “Find Match UI” will now always show during the end of game experience to let players know that they are still searching, or if they have been booted from the game lobby.
- Leaving a match during warmup or between matches phases do not count against player’s consecutive match bonus timer.
- Outdated versions of the game are no longer able to enter matchmaking
- *NEW* Combined the end of match personal results and scoreboard screens into a new unified results screen.
- Improved stability of the client and server.
- Reduced hitches related to garbage collection.
- Fixed an issue where the game server would not immediately remove a player after they disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could be awarded MVP.