Niantic have stealthily added more Unova Pokémon to GO in a new update today, including Gurdurr, Karrablast, Shelmet and more.
New Pokémon can now be found in the Wild and can also be hatched from 2k, 5k and 10km eggs. Timburr is also available in 1 Star Raids.
You can also find some new regional Pokémon in different regions, as shown below.
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
Also interestingly, the trade mechanic in GO has been tweaked just slightly with Trade Evolutions being added into the game. Only certain Pokémon can currently benefit, including Machoke, Kadabra, and Graveler. Essentially, you can trade an eligible Pokémon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them.
What’s more, several Unova Pokémon can benefit from this new tweak, such as Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast and Shelmet,
The update is available now in Pokémon GO, so get to catching and hatching!