Those Sims really know how to get around. Whether they’re going to house parties, shopping at malls or playing with their pets, they’re always up to something.
Guess what? 2013 definitely won’t be the exception.
Not only will EA be releasing at least two major content packs (with a third being hinted at) but they will also release two more ‘stuff’ packs.
On January 22nd, The Sims will get some fashion sense from the 70s, 80s & 90s stuff pack. This will include fashions, hairstyles and furnishings for their homes.
In March, The Sims will have the experiences of University Life (including the tight budgets and alcohol-induced anarchy!) The key features for this expansion are listed below.
- Achieve Academic Excellence. Learning is more fun than ever with new major-specific objects. Your Sims can broadcast their own radio show as a Communications student or bone up on anatomy using the skeleton as a Science and Medicine major. Your Sims can also learn through class activities, lectures at the student union, and joining in social activities.
- Get Ready to Party. Text books and study groups are a big part of college, but sometimes Sims just need to party. From hosting bonfires by the lake to doing juice keg stands at a dorm party, there are lots of ways to have a great time and let loose.
- Make Connections and Network. Grow your social networking skill through texting, blogging and streaming video. This builds your affiliation with the three social groups on campus – the Nerds, the Rebels and the Jocks. Building your cred with these groups offers unique advantages, from earning dream jobs to a coveted extra trait.
- Actions Matter. Just like in real life, your Sims’ decisions are deeply interconnected. For example, a Fine Arts student benefits from the Avant Garde trait, and develops their Street Art skill and cred with the Rebels by tagging and spray painting. Just don’t let your Sims get caught by the cops,
- Reap Benefits After University Too. Help your Sims reach the top job in your career path more easily with faster promotions and a higher entry-level job for university grads. If your Sim becomes a legend with their social group, they may even land a dream job as an art appraiser, sports agent, or video game developer.
- Explore the Campus and Town. From striking out at the bowling alley to flirting with the barista at the Roasted Toasted Beans to browsing comic books at Keith’s Komics, there’s a whole new town and campus full of places to explore.
Yes, Sims Bowling. Who needs Nico Bellic now?
We especially love the concept of unlocking benefits in later life by graduating with excellence from university, and gaining the opportunity for higher paid jobs. Very cool.
A Limited Edition version of the expansion is also available for pre-order and bundles in the Party Pack.
Next up, Island Paradise will arrive in June. Sims can sail in customisable houseboats, seek out new islands, build and manage resources and even go scuba-diving and snorkelling. According to EA, the expansion will add ‘all new ways to build – whether it’s a lavish five-star resort, a bungalow on the water or a houseboat that can travel the seas’.
It seems Island Paradise will add a lot more to the game than may initially meet the eye. More details as we get them.
Also confirmed is a second Stuff pack, due in Autumn. This will feature “clothing and décor inspired by iconic movie themes and settings”.
Finally, EA hinted at a third, untitled expansion pack which will send the Sims into the future.
Time to brush up on your Simmish.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37626437-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'expansivedlc.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);