Digital Extremes free to play shoot-em-up Warframe got its 337th update today with the introduction of new and exciting orbital relays. Described as “interactive MMO-like social hubs” Warframe’s 14 millionish players can explore new areas, directly interact with one another and do business with in-game characters. Before we get down to the details lets take a look at the orbital relays in action:
Here’s what the official Digital Extremes propaganda has to say:
· THE HANGAR — Welcome to the Relay! Dock your Liset, stroll through Security and explore.
· THE VOID TRADER — The mysterious Baro Ki’Teer has been spotted in the Concourse on Relays around Mercury, Saturn and Pluto. Sell unneeded Prime Items at Ducat Kiosks to acquire Orokin Ducats that can be used to purchase rare items from Baro Ki’Teer. His presence on Relay Stations is limited to only a few days!
· SYNDICATE ENCLAVES — Pay a visit to the Syndicate leaders in Syndicate Enclaves. The Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, New Loka, Perrin Sequence Red Veil and Steel Meridian are represented in rooms throughout the Relay. Present the leaders with Syndicate Medallions collected while running Syndicate Missions and earn Standing. Also, take your Warframe’s power to the next level with Augment Mods, only available from Syndicates.
· DARVO’S MARKET — Everyone’s favorite Corpus merchant has a home on Relays! Darvo’s Market is found on the second level of the North Wing of the Relay. Unfortunately, Darvo seems to be slacking and has yet to open up shop, but expect deals shortly.
· MISSION CONTROL — Take in a view of the depths of space and change your Loadouts with Navigation Consoles in the Mission Control room. Located in the North Wing of the Relay.