We’ve been playing the new Skyrim Special Edition on PC and compared it to the original Vanilla release.
Both games are set to Ultra settings but are there any noticeable differences even on PC? Quite a few actually.
Seriously, see for yourself!
Here’s the differences Special Edition actually offers.
- Improved visuals, including remastered, higher resolution art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, native 4K resolution on PS4 Pro and more
- In-game mod support for consoles.
- All post-release DLC – Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard – included
- 64-bit support, allowing the game to access more RAM than the original
- Support for existing mods as well as officially uploaded ones to Bethesda’s Creation Kit
- Support for saves from the original Skyrim in the Special Edition – though if you had mods activated on your original Vanilla release these will be INCOMPATIBLE with Special Edition.
- Available free for those who own the original game and all expansions or the Legendary Edition on Steam.