The Left 4 Dead 2 authoring tools have received a significant update today.
This update contributes to the publishing tools, server operators and add-ons, and features an extended mutation system, support for Linux, added a drop down menu to filter by tags and more…
– Added the Extended Mutation System
– Included demo EMS modes Holdout, Dash, L4D1
– Added support for Linux
– Server operators can now specify whether or not custom content is allowed when playing on their servers. This can be set on a per game mode basis – see cfg/addonconfig.cfg for details.
– Fixed yellow screen corruption that occurs on AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series hardware.
– Updated database to include video cards from the Steam survey through April 2013.
– If a found game is using a Mutation add-on from the workshop, the “Download Add-on” button will open the workshop page
– Adjusted add-on sorting when loading the main menu so Mutation add-ons can override UI elements.
– Reworked add-on management to improve stability and properly support custom mutations.
– Fixed the download progress panel sometimes not updating because it was referencing a different file than the one currently downloading.
– Added a drop-down menu to the add-on screen to filter by tags.
– Fixed occasional focus problem when clicking on the Addons list panel.
– Allow keyboard scrolling of the Addons list panel.
– Fixed published file browser not updating after publishing new content.
– Fixed published file browser showing only the first fifty items of a users workshop.
– Fixed upload tool throwing an error when replacing an existing file, if the file size was greater than the available space in the cloud.
– Fixed upload tool sometimes showing an error dialog for files that had been deleted from workshop.