Halo 4 is set to get content crazy over the next few months.
Now the holiday season is out-of-the-way, 343 Studios and Microsoft have made extensive plans to kick off a real content bonanza.
Starting on January 21st, Spartan Ops, Season One will resume after the sort break for the ongoing Halo Infinity Tournament. As always, the content remains a free part of the Halo 4 experience, and will continue the story of Crimson Team. This will include new episodes, chapters, locations and maps.
In February, 343 will release their second map pack for the game. The Majestic Map Pack includes three new maps which can be played in Halo 4 multiplayer. The maps are Landfall, Monolith and Skyline. Information is vague, but here’s what we know so far.
- Landfall places emphasis on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world
- Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams.
- Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Then in April, 343 will launch the Castle Map Pack. Again, this includes three new maps which can be used in the multiplayer. They are Daybreak, Outcast and Perdition.
- Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range.
- Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice
- Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features
You certainly can’t complain that 343 are giving up on Halo 4. There’s lots to get excited about as we move into 2013. More news as we get it.
(Source: Microsoft, 343 Industries)
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37626437-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'expansivedlc.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);