Rockstar has announced that its latest free GTA Online update, The High Life, is now available. As seems to be the norm with Rockstar, it’s an extremely generous update, with the major highlights being:
- You can now own two homes , including five new apartments that have been added
- A number of new cars and motorbikes to store at your extra home
- The Bullpup rifle
- A glut of new missions, including eight new contact missions and four new land races, with a promise of even more to follow soon
On top of all that, it seems Rockstar have been paying close attention to the community and as a result they’ve also announced the following updates:
- With the new Mental State stat, we are keeping track of your behavior. If you seem to enjoy attacking pedestrians and terrorizing other players, then your blip will start to turn red on other players’ maps. The redder the blip, the more psychotic the player; the whiter the blip, the friendlier they are.
- The actions you take will have varying effects on your Mental State. For example, killing another player will turn your blip red faster than blowing up a car or taking out a random pedestrian. Killing a player with a white blip will push your Mental State into the red faster than killing more psycho players, while taking out full-on psycho players won’t cause your own Mental State stat to increase at all.
- Mental state also factors into matchmaking – you’ll automatically join Freemode sessions containing people more ‘compatible’ with your play style, and if a red-blipped lunatic does enter your session, you at least have fair warning!
- Non-Contact Races are now an option. When you create a Non-Contact race, other racers appear as semi-transparent and collisions with them are disabled (although you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).
- You now have the option to Friend Spectate – if you and a friend are in separate GTA Online sessions you can now choose to spectate that player through the Friends menu.
- New player toasts and celebrations: Switch out your salute for jazz hands, a face palm, a slow clap and more. There are also paired toasts for celebrating with a friend, like a backslap, or a solid, manly handshake.
- New clothing: It can be hard work finding the perfect ensemble to really make your character stand out, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you and put together some stylish outfits. Hit the town, dressed to the nines with an array of classy new suit sets available with a pret-a-porter jacket, trousers, suit vest and shoes.
- 10 additional vehicles from Story Mode are now available for the first time in GTA Online – these will be marked on the car sales websites as new in the High Life Update so you can find them easily at southernsanandreassuperautos.com and legendarymotorsport.net:
- Bravado Banshee Topless
- Inverto Coquette Topless
- Vapid Dominator Ocelot F620
- Schyster Fusilade
- Maibatsu Penumbra
- Ubermacht Sentinel XS
- Ubermacht Sentinel (Convertible)
- Grotti Stinger Topless
- Coil Voltic Topless
Today’s update 1.13 also includes some improvements and fixes including:
- Based on feedback from the stunting community, the changes to bike physics in a recent Title Update have been reverted.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to shoot in their garages.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not be able to reclaim a vehicle despite it being insured.
- Fixed an issue where the water cannon on the Fire Truck did not work correctly.
For the full list of fixes, you can view Title Update notes at the Rockstar Support site.