A ginormous update for Dead Rising 3 went live over the weekend. The 13GB update prepares users for the game’s first DLC episode ‘Operation Broken Eagle’ , but also adds a huge batch of improvements to the single player and co-op gameplay. The patch adds some performance and stability upgrades to the game, as well as achievement fixes, a new Impulse Trigger, UI updates and Smartglass stability
The full change-log is below…
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
Operation Broken Eagle is the first major story DLC for the game and tells part of the Untold Stories of Los Perdidos. Players assume the role of Adam Kane, a Spec Ops Commander tasked with capturing the missing President of the United States. The content will cost £7.99 individually, or can be downloaded as part of the game’s season pass for £23.99. The content adds a new mission, five new weapons, a new vehicle, combo weapon, clothing outfit, as well as additional Gamerscore.
The four DLC episodes relate back to the main story and allow players to experience the game from different perspectives. There will be no co-op for each of the four episodes and they will remain single-player experiences only. However, all weapons and vehicles can be used in co-op.
In Operation Broken Eagle, one of the new weapons is a minigun, which is a two handed, military class weapon that can tear into hordes of zombies, destroying everything in its path.
As the update is 13GB, we recommend downloading in advance of the content launching on the Xbox Marketplace, otherwise you could be sat at the dash waiting a while…
Stay tuned for a Patch Review coming soon…