Runner 2, which launched earlier this week, has been suffering some horrendous issues on Wii U.
Fortunately, Gaijin Games are already hard at work on a fix.
The team are working on a fix to address the following issues…
- At the start of the game, when it asks you if you want to log in, we’ve added some feedback so it doesn’t look like the game is hanging.
- The leaderboards will only save your highest score, as expected, instead of your most recent score, which it does now.
- If you lose your internet connection during play, we’ve allowed you to reconnect by going to the leaderboards menu.
- We’ve fixed false score reporting for in-game Rewards.
- We’ve fixed an issue with the level start mini-leaderboard telling you you’re offline when you’re actually online. It will populate this list with global scores if you don’t have any friends who have played the game yet.
- We’ve fixed an issue in the settings menu that resets your settings every time you enter the menu.
- We’ve tried to fix the issue that locks up the Wii U system upon powering down or quitting out of the game via the HOME Menu.
The development team admit that they never experienced these issues on the devkits during development, and feel that the issue only seems to happen on retail Wii U.
In the interim, the team have identified a workaround that can help address some of these concerns until the patch goes live. They’ve said that pressing the HOME Button, leaving the game for a while, then clicking ‘Close Software’ when they think the gmae is ready to quit (whatever that means) – They’ve also had some success visiting Miiverse from the HOME menu, then quitting and powering down from Miiverse.
No word on when the patch is said to go live.
Not played the game yet? Check out this launch trailer…