Dota 2 is about to get a new addition to its already huge character roster.
If there is one element of a MOBA that has to be maintained and updated at all times, it’s the characters within the game. Thankfully, Dota 2 is still being supported at frequent intervals and players of the game will be welcoming the new addition to the already huge character roster with open arms.
In the latest update, the Skywrath Mage was added to the game and he will be a worthy addition to the Radiant. If you want to check out the characters actual abilities you should head over to the Dota 2 wiki. There a breakdown of each ability can be found.
The addition of the Skywrath Mage is obviously the main focal point of the new patch, but there are plenty more changes being made in terms of bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes:
Added Skywrath Mage!
- Added stricter system implementing communication (voice and text) bans for abusive players.
- Combined voice and text reports into a single ‘communication’ report.
- Reduced reports per week to 4.
- Removed ability for spectators to report players in-game.
- Reports now allow single selection of behavior type only.
- Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
- Lich: Fixed Frost Armor auto-casting while Lich is channeling.
- Magnus: Fixed a rare crash involving Skewer.
- Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush not slowing attack speed.
- Spectre: Fixed Haunt illusions moving while out of the game.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain travelling too fast.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not latching quite far enough.
- Tusk: Fixed Tusk not issuing an attack order on the snowballed unit after the snowball crashes.
- Enabled Drow and Tusk to Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version next week)
- Added tab to the Watch section showing downloaded replay files.
- Riki: Added Smoke Screen and Blink Strike animations.
- Sniper: Added victory animations and more aggressive posing of idle, run and attack when enemy is in range.
- Bots now know to avoid standing in Macropyre and Ice Path.
Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server.
What do you guys think of the Skywrath Mage? Is he a worthy addition to the game or does he fall a bit short? let us know in the comments.