The long-awaited Killzone: Shadow Fall Team-Voice Chat patch has finally deployed. 1.07 can be downloaded right now and comes with a host of new features.
Here’s the full changlelog…
- Team-Based Voice Chat
Probably the most requested feature of all, team-based in-game voice chat has arrived for Killzone Shadow Fall. The voice chat system will detect if you’re speaking and start broadcasting automatically, no button presses necessary. You can choose to have the voice chat broadcasts play through your controller/headset, or play them through your TV/speakers. In addition, you have the ability to mute individual players or all voice chat broadcasts, and you can turn the voice chat system on or off in your Custom Warzones.
- Color Blind Support
Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer now offers better support for players with color vision impairments. To activate color blind support, go to the Display section in the Options menu and choose from one of three settings.
- Expanded Personalization Options
Patch 1.07 paves the way for further personalization of your multiplayer character – not just through automata skins and spotlight moves, but also through custom Voice Packs, which will be available from the PlayStation Store soon.
- HUD/Radar Improvements
By popular demand, we’ve made the objective icon slightly larger and changed the image so that it becomes more visible to players. In multiplayer, party members are now shown in blue on the radar, and base camp turret locations are now indicated on the radar by icons.
New implemented features/improvements
- Added the ability to mute specific players to the in-game scoreboard.
- Added the ability to mute all players to the Audio options menu.
- Added the ability to allow/disallow voice chat in Custom Warzones.
- Added support for multiplayer voice packs
- Added links to DLC content on PlayStation Store in areas where DLC and personalization packs can be selected or used.
- Added an explanation of Warzones to the main menu (visible only to first-time multiplayer players).
- Added the ability for players to delete their moderated Warzones.
- Updated the Remote Play button assignment.
- Increased the running speed while using the Cloak ability.
- Added an Invite-to-Party button to player cards.
- Removed the checkpoint text when not saving to disc, to make it less confusing for players.
- Increased the brightness on The Handler, section Last Stand to make spotting enemies less difficult.
- Increased the size of the objective icon and changed the image to make it more visible to players.
- Added a new Warzone customization option: Disable weapon drops.
- Added a suicide option to the multiplayer options menu.
- Changed the color of party members on the radar to blue.
- Removed the player’s rank/challenges completed from the in-game scoreboard.
- Added base camp turret icons to the radar.
- Fixed several exploits in multiplayer.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed a bug where the names of cloaked teammates did not appear above their head.
- Fixed a bug where the gravity well did not open in some occasions in the campaign level The Dead, section Tyran Lives.
- Fixed an issue where if all users leave a party mid-game, the teams are not rebalanced when the map rolls over.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s save data is corrupted if they reboot the title while a patch is being downloaded.