Lucian: The Purifier will explode onto the League of Legends scene with Patch 3.9 and now we have some details of the kind of things he’ll be able to do.
Lucian’s abilities are, as follows…
- Lightslinger (passive) – After using one of his abilities, Lucian’s next auto attack shoots twice. The second shot deals reduced damage.
- Piercing Light – Shoots a bolt of light through a target, damaging enemies in a line.
- Ardent Blaze – Fires a shot that explodes in a star pattern and marks targets. Shooting marked targets grants Lucian a short burst of speed.
- Relentless Pursuit – Lucian dashes a short distance and removes all slowing effects. Relentless Pursuit’s cooldown resets if The Culling kills an enemy champion.
- The Culling (Ultimate) – Lucian moves freely while firing rapidly in a single direction, dealing damage to the first enemy hit. Lucian can cast Relentless Pursuit while shooting.
Clearly, Lucian is going to be a ranged damage dealer that is suited to bottom lane carrying and to be honest, it looks like he’s going to be pretty darn good at it! His abilities seem to be good at focusing on single targets, but also dealing damage to multiple enemies at once when his abilities are used in sync.
No word on when Lucian will release but these abilities certainly appear to indicate he’ll be a force to be reckoned with.