Being utter perfectionists, and clearly just trying to get the game in a finalised, unmatchable state, some network fixes have been implemented in the latest update for Magicka.
The entertaining roleplaying game has been balanced, tweaked, modded and tinkered with from almost every angle. In this weekend’s update, however, network is the key focus for Paradox.
Here are the details…
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes allow Alucart and Necromancers to be used where they weren’t supposed to
• Improved the way in which players get revived during network play which previously had a high risk of making games desynch
• Reduced the risk of crashing in scene transitions during network play
• Fixed an issue where players using a 4:3 resolution ratio would get stuck in one of the scenes in The Stars are Left Chapter 3
• Fixed a crash when players spawn too many entities using staff summoning abilities (guess)
• Fixed a crash that would occur if players skipped the credits in Other Side of the Coin
• Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in a cutscene in Chapter 12 as a result of freezing one of the bosses
• Loading screens have been improved; many players report that they get stuck in loading screens, especially during online play. What actually happens many times is that the game loads a lot of things and it looks like the bar is stuck. This should now be better visualized.
• Reduced risk of game freezing during different parts of the game
• The Were-Zompire claws special effect no longer works on bosses
• Fixed a localization issue with the Rogue Robe
• Fixed an issue with Leaderboards for the “Invasion of Elwenhüs” challenge level
• Fixed an issue where Vlad sometimes would disappear during his fights.
• The Quick Join have been optimized to prioritize LAN games