Bethesda have listened to fans and increased the level cap by introducing Legendary mode to Skyrim.
Skryim. Once you reach endgame there is nothing more to killing an enemy than slashing them in the face a few times. Well, at the end of the month Bethesda aim to change that with patch 1.9. Thankfully, PC players won’t have to wait that long though as the beta is available right now on Steam.
So, let’s talk about what the new patch contains. There are two main features, the Legendary Difficulty mode and the Legendary Skill System. Each of these systems aim to make the game a bit harder and give players who reach end-game a bit more content to play with. Here’s a brief explanation of how the new system will work:
- Legendary Skill Mode – Once a player reaches level 100 in any skill then can activate the “legendary” option from their skills menu. In doing so, the players chosen skill will be reset to level 15 and their perk points will be removed. This effectively removes the overall level cap from the game.
- Legendary Difficulty - Well, it makes the game harder.
There are a lot of other features in this patch, most in the form of bug fixes, and you can check out the full patch notes here.
If you want to play the beta right now, follow these instructions:
- Right click Skyrim in your Steam library
- Select he properties option
- Click the beta tab and then opt into the beta using the drop down menu
So, if you really need it there is a reason to return to your post as Dragonborn and slay some Dragons.