We’ve heard numerous reports of Dishonored 2 struggling on PC and apparently so have Bethesda.
Users are saying they’re looking at FPS drops and stuttering, as well as issues with render scale.
Fortunately, it seems like a patch is coming within the next few days. Specifically, the upcoming patch is said to allow for consistent framerates, as well as provide an update to the mouse control code for smoother input.
Meanwhile, Bethesda have advised players to use the recomended settings which we’ve outlined below.
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
If that’s not helping, some users suggest setting pre-rendered frames 1 to 2 for nVidia users. Others are saying that the game is automatically setting its process priority class to low when moving to every loading screen, even though it suggests normal to high in the menus. So you may need to look into a program that actively forces priority class, otherwise you’ll need to do constant menu workarounds.
Either that, or wait a few days for the patch. It’s due any day now.
Are you having any issues? Know any workarounds? Let us know below and we’ll help spread the word.