Square Enix have now given some further details on the Day One patch for Final Fantasy XV. These are just some of the additions in the patch now known as the ‘Crown Update’
Here’s the full changelog.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
FF XV Director Hajime Tabata has also come out and said that those who release unauthorized videos need to be considerate of others and assured that Square Enix will act with full force as they want everyone to enjoy the game at the same time.
It looks like those naughty retailers have been at it again and broken street date for the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XV.
The game isn’t out until November 29th but there’s huge spoilers already doing the rounds and word of an absolutely phenomenally sized Day One patch clocking in at over 7 GB! WHOOSH!
While we don’t know exactly what’s been fixed and added in the patch, there are some brief patch notes which give us a hint. The big ones are the additional items, new cutscenes, cutscene adjustments and the deeper combat, driving, and other mechanics.
The cut scene changes could very well be additional scenes added from Kingsglaive. The story links in heavily with Final Fantasy XV and it would certainly make a lot of sense to have them included in game.
As for what the deeper combat and driving means is anyone’s guess, though I suspect we’ll hear more as we get closer to the games’ launch
Here’s Final Fantasy XV 1.01 patch notes. It’s so weird reporting on patch notes for a game that hasn’t even launched yet!
- Various bug fixes
- New items and cutscenes
- Cutscene adjustments
- Deeper combat, driving and other game mechanics
Saved Games must be updated to work with the current version of the game.
There’s also a brand new 101 trailer which shows you everything you need to know about the game ahead of its launch next week.