The long-awaited performance enhancing Dishonored 2 patch for PC is now in Beta.
We’ve set ours downloading on Steam right now to test out the game, but have heard that it massively improves performance, fixing all existing frame rate issues, as well as adding new graphic settings which enable you to lock the game at both 30 and 60fps.
This is a seperate patch to the upcoming New Game + mode update, and has been released in response to numerous callouts from the community and press. Bethesda have been working around the clock on this one and it’s save to assume it’ll go live for everyone very shortly.
Dishonored 2 v 1.2 also adds in settings to boost customisability, which lets you prioritise the performance of the game over the quality, and vice versa. Here’s the full changelog.
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Auto-detection of the Visual settings was re-worked based on player feedback and observed issues. If still experiencing issues after updating drivers and downloading patch 1.2, advise using the “Restore Settings” option to apply the recommended settings for your hardware.
- Max pre-rendered frames is now managed by the game, advise removing any previous manual customizations in graphics driver control panel
- Fixes multiple related to game logic
- Fixed various issues related to user interface
- Fixed various issues related to mouse/KB and gamepad, including:
- Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
- Fixed various issues related to using alt-tab related bugs
- Fixed various issues related to multiple monitors:
- Fixed a bug where Resolution Scaling was deactivated when the game ran above 30 FPS
- Changed the Resolution Scaling settings to be more clear
- Added new settings in the Options menu:
- Added a Framerate Limiter so the player can limit framerate fluctuation when playing without V-sync
- Added TAA Sharpness option
- Added more options to V-Sync settings. NOTE: If you previously disabled V-sync, please check your FPS limiter setting to ensure it is set to your desired limit.
- Added Triple Buffering option
The update is a whopping 4.3GB, and can be grabbed by right-clicking Dishonored 2 in your Steam Library, going to properties, clicking the Betas tab, then on the drop down menu selecting betapatch – Public
Be warned however, this is still in testing and has not been released for public consumption, so may cause a few crashes and compatibility issues. Download at your own risk.
With our review of Dishonored 2 still to come, we’re going to postpone it a little longer while we test the patch. This is to ensure we’re giving the fairest reflection of the game possible and so that our coverage remains up-to-date. Especially considering the significant changes 1.2 brings to the table.
More as we get it.