It’s that time of the week again where we pull up the week’s biggest rumours.
Slightly quieter than last week but still pretty active, there’s some interesting speculation floating around, rumours that refuse to die a death, and everything else in-between.
Please bare in mind none of the information you see below has been confirmed publically by respective publishers / developers and at this time should not be treated as factual.
This week’s top rumours
- While a heavily rumoured Black Panther game was announced this weekend at Disney’s D23, there’s now another rumour doing the rounds that there’s an Iron Man game in development and maybe a second Black Panther game as well. The rumour it’d be announced at the same time was debunked, of course, but insiders insist it’s real and will be announced in due course. Assuming this one won’t be in VR.
- This weekend also shone light on the future of Assassin’s Creed. With several new titles announced to be in development, some previously speculated upon, there’s also speculation that a remake or remaster of Assassin’s Creed 1 may also be on the way. – although others are claiming it’s not true. – If this weekend is any indication, they’re already pretty busy, surely they don’t have time for this as well?
- Staying on Assassin’s Creed, a leaker who correctly predicted a few Ubisoft details recently has said the campaign for Assassin’s Creed: Mirage will be around 17-20 hours. It seems a fair guess and probably accounts for most game’s run-time these days, though AC games tend to go a lot longer, especially Valhalla. It would certainly be a significant shift.
- We’ve known for a while Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection was coming to PC but it seems now we might have a release date. In an Epic Games Store leak, a date of October 19 has been scheduled and swiftly taken down. The question is how this might be announced which quietly leans into more speculation a PlayStation Showcase could be on the way. And soon.
- Finally, it looks like the first picture of the Meta Quest Pro has leaked via box art in the wild. Zuckerberg just recently revealed new hardware on Joe Rogan’s podcast of all places, and this seems to be further confirmation the headset upgrade is imminent.
Any big rumours we missed? Something you’re keeping an eye on? Sound out below in the comments section. We’ll be revisiting the above in a few months to see if they got things right!