We’ve known it for years here at Expansive Towers but now those lovely people at Valve have joined us in recognising the importance of DLC in modern gaming. Anyone who opted in for the Steam client beta updates got a new one last night and oh looky here there’s a shiny new DLC page! Not only does it list all the DLC you have but also whether it’s installed or not, pretty cool huh?
There’s also a whole bunch of other updates let’s take a look at the full list:
– Changed recent games lists to include recent purchases as well as recently played.
– Added UI listing your owned DLC in the library details view.
– New Browser settings page with the new option to delete the cookies use by the built in Steam browser.
– Fix dropdown options in settings dialog initially showing as blank.
– Fixed a crash in OpenGL games when taking a screenshot or recording video.
– Improved caching of downloaded workshop items.
– Fixed changing between push to talk vs. voice activated microphone recording during a broadcast.
– Fixed rare hang on launch or when switching from Steam to Big Picture.
– Fixed some text not rendering in Big Picture.
Thanks to Reddit for the screenshots…