Black Ops 3 appears to have received a PS4 only update today – weighing in at 1.4GB – that supports enhanced dynamic 4k Gaming.
This update will features changes mostly notable for PS4 Pro owners, and some early impressions from users on Reddit indicate a much improved performance.
This update also fixes a notable issue for Shadows of Evil where players were using an exploit during the Totem Ritual part of the main EE.
Patch 1.18 suffered from issues on PS4 Pro when it launched back in October, and this patch seems to have been put together to combat the issues.
Amongst other things, the update also focuses on both multiplayer and zombie improvements. Check out the full changelog below.
- Updated visual presentation of Black Market items:
- Not-yet-obtained Black Market items (weapons, specialist heads/bodies) will be visible in menus with no shader overlay.
- Items will appear with a new Black Market Lock Icon.
- Updated User Interface will be present wherever Black Market items are available (Create-a-Class, Specialist menu, Gunsmith, Paintshop, Weapon Showcase, Combat Record).
- PS4 Pro:
- Supports enhanced dynamic 4k gaming
- The stats widget in the Showcase will display the correct name for all Black Market weapons.
- Fixed a number of User Interface issues that occurred within the media manager.
Shadows of Evil:
- Resolved an exploit during the Totem Ritual part of the main EE.
Zetsubou no Shima:
- Fixed a potential exploit with the Fan and Plane traps.
- Fixed an issue with Apothicon Mask that occurred at high rounds.
- Summoning Key will no longer disappear after teleporting out of the Arena.
- Added an animation to alert the player when a Mech Z spawns.
- Addressed a fatal error that occurred when using the Apothicon Servant at high rounds.
- Players are no longer able to use the Anywhere But Here GobbleGum during the Dark Arena Challenge, as it was causing issues.
- Fixed a progression break that sometimes occurred when players picked up the Summoning Key.
- Fixed high round exploits.