A new Starbound patch has gone live today, adding some new content and game fixes.
The new update is the first one that will not cause the player to lose their character’s progress. The developers have said that there will likely be one more world wipe in the future while the universe layout is being finalised, though that does not include a character or ship wipe.
What’s more, updates to the game will be happening on a near daily basis due to an improvement patching system.
In the meantime, here are the goodies the devs have for us this time around…
- Valentine’s Day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
- Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
- Keybinding reconfiguration, minus the UI (you can reconfigure keys through a config file)
- Server stability fixes for servers with many players
- New death animations
- Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactive
- More Avian weaponry
- Projectile changes
- Dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
- A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content
- New (actually sounds good!) microphone instrument with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove!
Smooth McWho, you cry? Here’s the master in action.