We’ve known for a while that Dead Space 3 will have micro-transactions. Earlier today, the official prices were released.
EA have already made it abundantly clear they are trying to put micro-transactions into any game they create. Dead Space 3 is the latest EA game to continue that trend. Thankfully, they are entirely optional and you’ll only be paying for early access for items that can be found within the game anyway. Well, other than the additional Online Season Pass, of course. The full price list is as follows:
- Bot Capacity Upgrade $4.99 / £3.16
- Bot Personality Pack $4.99 / £3.16
- First Contact Pack Free
- Marauder Pack $4.99 / £3.16
- Sharpshooter Pack $4.99 / £3.16
- Tundra Recon Pack $4.99 / £3.16
- Witness the Truth Pack $4.99 / £3.16
- Bot Accelerator $4.99 / £3.16
- Epic Weapon & Resource Pack $2.99 / £1.89
- Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack $1.99 / £1.26
- Resource Pack $0.99 / £0.63
- Online Season Pass $9.99 / £6.33
As you can see , the majority of the content is for crafting or packs containing suits to outfit Isaac in. Other than that, the only notable transaction is the online pass that retails for $9.99 – the standard price for any online pass by EA. However, this pass ships with any retail copy of the game purchased, and you will only have to purchase if you get a copy of Dead Space 3 that has already been used.
The micro-transactions are only really for weapon crafting fanatics who want to outfit Isaac with the best gear from the get go. It’s possible to grind all the materials while naturally progressing through the game, but this just makes the process a whole lot easier.
Will you be making any micro-purchases in Dead Space 3?