The PC specifications for Tomb Raider have been released, can you run it?
So let’s get down to the nitty gritty. Tomb Raider has been anticipated by PC gamers for a long, long time. However, a lot of people have been worried about their beloved PC not being able to run the game. Well, fear no longer, the recommended PC specifications are out and they are actually pretty lenient. Here they are:
Minimum system requirements for PC:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
- Nvidia 8600
- Dual core CPU:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
- Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 4870
- Nvidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU:
- AMD Phenom II X2 565
- Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
Judging by the minimum requirements, a lot of people should be happy. It seems that the specs will allow even fairly old PCs to run the game to a sufficient standard. If you were worried before about your pc not being able to run the game, hopefully this subsides those concerns.
Tomb Raider comes out on the 5th of March and it can be pre-purchased right here on Steam for only £26.99.