The first major patch for The Banner Saga has gone live this morning and is full of community-fuelled feedback.
For starters, there are options for Subtitles, achievement names have been fixed, numpad keys are supported for combat hotkeys, Kickstarter backer names have been added to credits and an issue where ranked up units are unable to use their rank 2 & 3 abilities after loading a save game have been fixed.
Here are the full patch notes…
• Added options for subtitles. Click the button with the Close Captioning ‘CC’ logo on the Options page.
• Added missing Kickstarter backer names to credits
• Backer Crests that missed the initial deadline have been incorporated into the game.
• Challenge Achievement can now be gained, despite Iver losing a battle to Bellower
• Fix issue where ranked up units are unable to use their rank 2 & 3 abilites after loading from a save game
• Fix issue where bad save game files prevented the start menu from displaying.
• Numpad keys are now supported for Conversation option (1,2,3,…) and continue (SPACE, ENTER) hotkeys.
• Numpad keys are now supported for combat hotkeys (1,2,3,4)
• Fixed achievement names of Eagle Eye and Siege Archer
• Dredge Slag Slinger Backoff can now trigger at most once per turn. This addresses problems when Rook’s Mark Prey ability is used on a Dredge Slag Slinger when multiple allies can hit it.
• Slingers that get hit while running away will now resume running away after their damage reaction animation completes
• Silver Arrow in Bellower fight now longer requires Willpower to use
• Travel HUD no longer permanently disappears after Einartoft due to certain choices
• More supplies and renown increased throughout Chapter 6
• Nid no longer gains the incorrect number of points to spend on rank up
• Ekkill no longer appears incorrectly in certain events if he is left behind
• Iver is no longer required in the party after Einartoft when making certain choices.
• Fixed an error where Fasolt would stay with the party after Einartoft in certain branches.