Hot on the heels of the epic success that is Tyranny, Obsidian have gone back to their other classic RPG, Pillars of Eternity.
While it’s sadly not new news about a sequel, they have added Hot Fix 3.05 to the game which fixes the alteration of creature stats when reloading an autosave in Stalwart Village. Patch 3.04 also adds a host of changes to the base game, such as fixing the Brighthallow error on transition, spell and ability fixes – like the Priest’s Seal spell no longer activates twice – and Item tweaks, including Sabre damage being dropped to 11-16, but receiving a 20% damage mod instead.
Check out the full changelog for Pillars of Eternity 3.04 and let us know your thoughts below.
- Brighthallow error on transition (this includes Durance / Hiravias, and Rod of Wind and Thunder issues). This fix is retroactive!
- Fighter’s ability Confident Aim no longer doubles on Save/Load.
- Wizard’s spell Wall of Draining no longer increases beneficial spells permanently.
Spells and Abilities
- Skeleton Wizard’s ‘Necrotic Lance’ is now set up as a ray spell.
- Fixed an issue where Bash was hitting multiple times with Carnage.
- Ancient Memory no longer deactivates after casting an Invocation.
- Fixed the issue where Cipher’s Phantom Foes flanked debuff was removed when the target was engaged.
- Cipher’s no longer get hit with Psychic Backlash at the start of combat.
- Torment’s Reach no longer procs off every enemy hit.
- Priest’s Seal spells no longer activate twice.
- Iconic Projection no longer bypasses DR.
- Fixed an issue with Ranger’s Twinned Arrow and Driving Flight accuracy.
- Ranger’s Powder Burns now works as intended with DR Penetration.
- Druid spell Infestation of Maggots now does the intended amount of damage per tic.
- Fixed multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets.
- Cape of the Cheat will now be rewarded to base and px1 players.
- Sabre base damage has dropped to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod.
- Engagement is now broken when characters are knocked back.
- Fixed the Nav around the adra pillar is Elmshore.
- Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat.
- VFX that start from characters heads are now correctly aligned.
- Personal ‘Total Damage Done’ no longer comes up as ‘-Infinity’.
- Korean Loc issue with text getting cut off during Character Creation.
- ‘Missing GUI” no longer appears in the combat log with Fire Stag.
- Fixed an issue where audio was cutting out during the End Slides after the White March section.
- Kraken DR raised from 0 to 8.
- Sul no longer attacks her own pride during ‘The Old Queen and the New King’ quest.
- Fixed an issue with Cliant Lis traps were not working.
- The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc now functions correctly.
- Tooltip for Sabre now shows +20% instead of ‘missing item mod 468’.
- Nyry the Deft Hand now grants Cape of the Cheat in the base game.
- Corrected an issue where characters sometimes gets stuck in the Elmshore adra pillar.
- Stun on crit weapon mod duration is now affected by graze/hit/crit attacks.
- Party AI no longer chases after undiscovered enemies.
- The Chanter phrase ‘One Dozen Stood’ phrase now reduces the duration of the Frightened and Terrified status effects .
- The Fighter ability ‘Clear Out’ no longer causes Blights to stop attacking.
Do you play Pillars of Eternity? Enjoyed any other Obsidian RPGS?