Plants vs Zombies 2: It’s About Time has received a huge, game-changing update, that effectively kills most of the in-app purchases, making them less intrusive, but also adding improved social functionality.
Update 1.7261064 (what a mouthful!) changes the map, adds a new foe, puts in some more Party Levels, friend invites and more.
The big deal, however, is that most of the in-app purchases are gone and the Stars have been removed.
Here’s the full changelog…
• Big changes. We’ve upgraded the map to make game progression quicker and easier.
• It’s simpler to know how much you’ve done, where you’re going, and what loot you’ll get along the way.
• Play all-new Piñata Party levels to win cool prizes.
• You can invite your friends and send ‘em gifts.
• Use the Turbo button to speed up your planting – and speed up the zombies.
• Be warned: when we were upgrading the map, somebody let in the Gargantuars.
The Gargantuars are … welll … the gargantuous. Mahooosive. Enormous. Big and they’ll take a few hits to bring down.
Either way, now is the best time to check out the game. Plants vs Zombies 2: It’s About Time is now available on iOS and Android and, despite the horrendous micro-transactions, is a lot of fun!