The Outer Worlds brings the best of Borderlands, Bioshock, and Fallout together in its main campaign, but does its Expansion Pass offer anything new?
What’s inside the Expansion Pass?
How do you access it?
Once installed, the two Expansions are unlocked and can be played during the game. You must have completed the main mission ‘Radio Free Monarch’ before either expansion can be started.
What does it add to the game?
- Peril on Gorgon adds a whole new story arc including side missions, as well as a new planet, weapons, armor and more.
- Murder on Eridanos adds a whole new story arc including side missions, as well as a new planet, weapons, armor, and more.
How much does it all cost?
- The RRP of the Expansion Pass is £19.99
- The RRP of Individual Expansions is £11.99
What we thought?
Obsidian have built a mostly entertaining piece of DLC that – while not essential – is one Outer Worlds fans will enjoy from start to finish.
7.5 out of 10
Murder on Eridanos feels like something of a fresh take on The Outer Worlds as you search for clues to build your investigation and try to wrestle the truth from guilty parties with secrets to hide. The build to the conclusion is a fun ride, though, admittedly, that conclusion may not be to everyone’s tastes.
8.5 out of 10
There’s over ten hours of story bundled in this expansion pass and both tales are well told throughout. While one is much better than the other, they both offer a great excuse to dive back into a well designed, entertaining game, adding some intriguing new leads and mechanics which give us great hope for the future of the franchise.
+ Both have good plots and interesting characters.
+ Link in well with the base game, letting you level up quickly
+ Fun new mechanics and dialogue choices to play around with.
+ Lots of side missions and plenty of content to digest
– Not much armor or weapons to replace what you have in the main game
– Peril on Gorgon is the weaker of the two and sometimes retreads familiar MSQ ground
The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass
8 out of 10
Tested on Xbox Series X
Code provided by the publisher