A stability patch for PS Plus freebie, Contrast, is now available to download on PS4.
The game suffered from many stutters and crashes, but this patch aims to fix all of that and for the better.
This patch is still awaiting clearance in the North America territories. The PS3 version of the patch has been approved but is currently awaiting launch.
The Xbox 360 patch is awaiting Microsoft’s approval.
The full patch notes are listed below..
- Prevent general shadow shifting at start of game except on specific wall onto which we want to teach the user to shift into shadow.
- Fix orb focusing bug on the top level of the Lighthouse. (You should now be able to “lock on” to the orb in all cases.)
- Fix Carousel luminary loading/persistence problem. (This fixes the situation where you could play the Carousel, not complete it, complete the other two attractions, but then not be able to restart the Carousel.)
- Fixed dashing, jumping and low framerates getting you stuck in objects. (Most significant fix – big change to prevent getting stuck inside objects.)
- Fixed dashing from wedging you into geometry at low framerates.
- Fixed getting stuck in the ground or objects while shifting out. This should fix:
- Issues where the player could get stuck inside bDetailGeometry meshes. (Random stuff lying around the place.)
- Cinema skip issue. (Sorry speedrunners, we will look into preserving the previous patch, but not right now.)
- Fixes lantern issues. (When lighting changes shift you out of shadows.)
- Fixes issues with getting stuck on dynamic actors. (E.g boxes.)
- Game now displays the walking animation when stuck in a stable configuration while falling. (No more t-pose, unless you’re still falling.)
- Allow jumping in that case to help the player get out of the collision. (IE, you can now jump out of most spots in the world. Together, this plus the previous change mean you can jump out of areas that you would have been stuck in previously.)
- Fix going through walls (getting out of the map) and stop dash from going through shadows. (Big gameplay change – you no longer go into shadows automatically at the end of a dash. You can still manually shift once you’ve finished your dash. You may also find yourself able to double jump in certain circumstances.)
- Fix for the box falling on the player’s head and floating in space. Also prevents box or player from getting stuck/sink into walls and items when picking up objects.
- Fixed a bunch of rare crashes.
In addition, collectibles and chapters are now properly reset on a new game.
We’ve played the game through, but will test it out and let you know if it improves the overall experience in an upcoming Patch Review.
Have you tried Contrast yet? Are you enjoying it?