XCOM is set to receive a massive content update today.
During development, Firaxis abandoned 16 separate game options. Of course, eagle-modders found them buried deep within the code and exposed them to the wide web. Well, now Firaxis have decided ‘what the hell’ let’s release them anyway!
Most won’t unlock until the game is completed, and four of them will remain unlocked until the player completes XCOM on impossible (yeah, good luck with that!)
However, the added modifiers add some interesting twists and extra challenges to XCOM once the credits have rolled.
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.*
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.*
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.*
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.*
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time. **
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time. **
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death. **
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically. **
*Unlocked prior to completion of campaign.
** Obtainable upon completion of Impossible difficulty
Dubbed ‘The Second Wave’ You can download the patch right now and try them out for yourself.
Let us know how you get on. Will you be using any of these?
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37626437-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'expansivedlc.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);