A new Mafia 3 patch has added some much improved PS4 Pro changes.
This makes the PS4 Pro version a clear evolution over base PS4 models and lists some specific changes/fixes to that effect.
Here’s the full changelog.
PS4 Pro changes over the base PS4:
- 1440p ( incl. downsampled to 1080p when you output at 1080p)
- Improved spotlight shadow quality in dark scenes.
- Improved motion blur.
- Drops lower than the base PS4, but doesn’t tear. (v-sync)
- Shooting causes the framerate to drop (shotgun shots can cause drops to 26fps for example). Holds 30fps most of the time.
- Framepacing issues have been fixed.
- Tears – adaptive v-sync.
There’s even a Digital Foundry video which shows the improvements in action, including the effect on shadows and the motion of car movement.
Mafia 1.05 is available to download right now.